About Hearing Aid Fund of CED
n Viet Nam, it’s very hard and imposible to get a hearing aid for a poor or low income family. The price of one hearing aid is from 6.5 millions to 80 millions, while, a good-standarded hearing aid’s shelf life is about 5 years, we can see that is a big burden for these families. FM equipment is a wish and others are not popular. So, if there is a hearing aids foundation, it will bring humanistic meaning, hope and happiness to children with hearing loss that “they can listen and speak”, because, "speaking" is one of the functions of creativity given to human beings and children deserve to have a beautiful childhood with sound, the voice of mothers and fathers.
Our Hearing Aids Fund (CED Hearing Aids Fund) with the support from Global Foundation for Children with Hearing Loss) and technical suport from Quang Duc Hearing Service Co Ltd, was founded to meet the poor children’s wish.
STANDARD FOR CHOICE OF POOR CHILDREN WITH HEARING LOSS
CED Hearing Aids Fund is available for children with the age from 3-12 years old.
- The degree of deafness is high and deep.
- Desire to improve ability of communication.
- Have not donated hearing aids yet or using unsuitable ones.
- Poor family, unstable income, disadvantage living.
- The family of the child always support for him/her and co-operate with CED Center to help the child better.
- Living in Viet Nam.
BENEFITS OF THE CHILD WITH HEARING LOSS AND THE FAMILY PARTICIPATING IN CED’S HEARING AIDS FUND.
Hearing impaired children and their families participating in the CED’s Hearing Aids Fund have been:
- Recommended hearing test
- Monitored and counseled regularly to help improve communication
- Taken part in workshop, training, talkshow… held by CED
OBLIGATION OF THE CHILD WITH HEARING LOSS AND THE FAMILY PARTICIPATING IN CED’S HEARING AIDS FUND.
Hearing impaired children and their families participating in the CED’s Hearing Aids Fund have to:
- Submit exact and full of the child’s information and the family’s support procedure at living residence
- Use hearing aids properly and maintain as instructed
- Take the child to test and adjust hearing aids as CED’s regulation.
- Spend 30 minutes at least every day to talk with the child and stand by to tell CED experts these stories.
- Take the child to Mainstream School 1 time per week at least.
- Contact with CED staff 2 times per week at least to get more support
- Allow CED to post personal information on CED website, Facebook.
- Review the dossier:
- Two Photos 3x4
- Statement of the circumstances of the child and family certified by the local government (write by yourselves or use CED’s form)
- Recommended Letter of School where the child is studying or from a neighbor and state the reason of participation.
- A Letter written by participant to describe the child’s disability condition, need and family’s commitment.
(Please note: We will not return dossier even failed ones)
- Face-to-face interview and inital evaluation.
- Visit the family without notice (if need)
- Inform the result.