World Hearing Day 2021: Hearing care for all
The theme of the World Hearing Day is: “Hearing care for ALL! Screen. Rehabilitate. Communicate”.
The key messages of World Hearing Day 2021 target:
· The number of people living with unaddressed hearing loss and ear diseases is unacceptable.
· Timely action is needed to prevent and address hearing loss across the life course.
· Investing in cost effective interventions will benefit people with hearing loss and bring financial gains to the society.
· Integrate person-centered ear and hearing care within national health plans for universal health coverage.
· Good hearing and communication are important at all stages of life
· Hearing loss (and related ear diseases) can be avoided through preventative actions such as: protection against loud sounds; good ear care practices and immunization.
· Hearing loss (and related ear diseases) can be addressed when it is identified in a timely manner and appropriate care sought
· People at risk of hearing loss should check their hearing regularly
· People having hearing loss (or related ear diseases) should seek care from a health care provide